This article does not apply if you are configured for PointCentral.
The activation key and connection ID are used to verify your mobile license and synchronize your mobile device with your Point files. The activation key and connection ID are required and must be entered on your smart phone when you set up the Calyx Mobile connection.
You must log in at MyCalyx.com to obtain an activation key. Please contact your administrator if you do not have login information for MyCalyx.com. Mobile licenses must be purchased from Sales at 800-262-2599, before the activation keys are listed on your Calyx Mobile Summary page.
- Log in to MyCalyx.com.
- Click the Manage Mobile Installations button.
- The Calyx Mobile page displays the activation key for each mobile license on your account. From the Calyx Mobile page, double-click any entry and enter a Nickname for the user who will configure Calyx Mobile on their mobile device, then click the Save icon on the right.
- The activation key will need to be entered when configuring the Calyx Mobile Application on your mobile device. You can e-mail the activation key to the user by clicking the Send E-mail button at the bottom of the page.
- From the E-mail window, enter the e-mail address of the user and then click Send.
Recommendation: you should email the activation key to an email address that can be accessed from the mobile device so the user can copy and paste the activation key from their email, into the Calyx Mobile application.
- You are required to enter the activation key when you set up the connection for Calyx Mobile from your smart phone.
The connection ID can be obtained from the Utilities menu when you open Point. It is used to synchronize your smart phone with your Point files and is required when you setup the connection for Calyx Mobile on your mobile device.
- Open Point
- From the Menu bar, select Utilities > Mobile Access
- Insert a check into the Enabled Point for Mobile Access checkbox.
- A Point Connection ID is generated. The Connection ID is required for setup when configuring the Calyx Mobile Application on your mobile device.
- You can e-mail the connection ID to yourself by clicking the Email Connection ID button.
Recommendation: you should email the activation key to an email address that can be accessed from your mobile device so you can copy and paste the activation key from your email, into the Calyx Mobile application.
- You will be required to enter the Connection ID when you setup the connection for Calyx Mobile from your smart phone.
The Default New Loan type section is used to identify which type of loan file will be created when you save a new loan from your mobile device. Select whether a new loan file created from your smart phone will save as a Prospect or a Borrower file.
The Defined Users and Devices section will indicate the users that have configured Calyx Mobile on and what type of Device they are using.