If you are using a web-based email program such as AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, or MSN, and your email does not function from within Point, you must save the files to your computer and manually attach them to an email message.
This topic contains three procedures:
- Saving a Point file to your computer
- Saving a Point form to your computer
- Attaching a Point file or form to web-based emails
Saving a Point file to your computer
You can choose to encrypt Point files before emailing them to other Point users.
To encrypt Point information for web-based emails:
1. Open a prospector borrower file.
2. Select File > E-mail > Point Data file from the main menu.
3. Enter a password in the Password Protected field.
4.Click Save As PCF.
5. Navigate to the location where you want to save the file.
6. Enter a name for the file.
7. Click Save.
Saving a Point form to your computer
You can send read-only and print-only forms directly to borrowers.
Note: Recipients must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on their computer (download at www.adobe.com).1. Open Point.
2. Select File > E-mail > Forms from the main menu. The Print menu is displayed.
3. Select the forms you want to send.
1. Select Save As PDF File from the Output Options dropdown list.
2. Click Save As.
The Set PDF Password dialog box is displayed.1. Select Protect with Password.
2. Enter a password in the Password field.
3. Click OK.
4. Save the PDF file to a convenient location on your computer (this will be the file you attach to your e-mail).
Note: Recipients must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on their computer (download at www.adobe.com).
Attaching the Point file or form to Web-based mail clients such as AOL, MSN, Yahoo, or Hotmail.
- Open your email account and begin a new mail message.
- Click the button or icon to attach a file or files.
- Browse to the location where you saved the Point file or form.
- Select the file and attach it to the email message.
- When the file or form is attached, send the email.