Calyx Point introduces the ability to e-mail a custom form to multiple borrowers in an e-mail. More than six sample forms are available as sample documents that can be edited to meet your company's requirements.
The following steps will be covered:
- Creating the custom letter
- Create the report template
- Generating the marketing template
Creating the custom letter
If you are creating a new custom letter to send in a mass e-mail, See article 2507 Creating and editing custom forms.
Use an existing custom letter to send a mass e-mail
You will need to create a report template that will generate the custom form letter for multiple borrowers. It is recommended that you print a blank custom form template first so you can add each Field ID from the custom form into the report template.
- Open Point.
- From the Navigation Panel, select Custom Forms/Letters/E-mail.
- Double-click the custom form letter that you will use for the mass e-mail.
- From the Microsoft Word Menu bar, click File > Print.
- From the Point Custom Forms window, click Close.
Create the report template (You will need the form that you printed above.)
- From the Navigation Panel, select Templates.
- Click Report & Marketing.
- Click New.
- In the Report Title: field, enter a name for the template.
- (Optional) In the Description:field, enter a description of the template.
Note: You must include the e-mail address of either the borrower or co-borrower in the report template for the letter to be sent to the e-mail address.
- For Borrower: Enter a field name of Borrower Email and a Field ID of 112.
- In the Field Name column, select the same fields which printed on the custom letter you printed earlier.
For Example: The printout contains fields, such as, <<Borrower First Name>> and <<Borrower Last Name>>. Select the same fields from the Field Name dropdown list in the report template.
Some fields may contain a number, such as,<<PNT_150>>. In this case, manually enter a Field Name as the title for the field and then enter the appropriate Field ID number in the Field ID column. For Example: For<<PNT_150>>, you would enter a Field Name and a Field ID of 150.
- In the Output Options section, select Use Result For Mail Merge Marketing Document.
- Click Add Link.
- In the Document Type: section, select E-mail.
- In the E-mail Options section, enter the Subject which will show in the Subject field of the e-mail.
- (Required)In the Email Address field, select the email address field from the dropdown list. (You must enter the e-mail address field into the report template prior to completing this step.)
- In the Email/Custom Letter Content Document section, select the custom document that you are going to e-mail.
- Use the Create New...or Edit...button if you need to create a new custom document or edit an existing one.
- Click OK.
- From the Report Template window, click File > Save from the Menu bar.
- Enter a Filename and click Save.
Generating the marketing report
- From the Navigation Panel, select Reports & Marketing.
- In the Navigation Panel, select the data folders for which you want to generate the e-mail.
- Select Prospect, Borrower, or to Include Co-Borrower.
- From the Workspace, select Marketing.
- Select your marketing report template from the dropdown list.
- (Optional) Use the Status and Status Between Date fields to narrow the search results. Selecting All from the Status field will generate the report for all files.)
- Click Generate.
The report results window appears.
- Click Generate.
- The Custom letter will open. From the Marketing Tools - Email window, click Send E-mail.
The custom letter will be sent to each borrower that generated with an e-mail address on the report.