To convert Byte files to Point files, you must complete two procedures.
First, convert the Byte files to Fannie Mae format. Then, import the Fannie Mae files into Point. The Fannie Mae format contains all the loan application data.
To convert Byte files to Fannie Mae format: (The following steps may vary depending on the version of Byte you are using)
- In Windows Explorer, Go to My Computer.
- Double-click Local Disk (C:\).
- From the Menu bar, select File > New > Folder. A new folder appears. Type Import as the name of the folder and press <Enter>.
- In Byte, open the file you wish to convert and click the Communications button.
- Highlight Fannie Mae Services.
- Click DO Desktop Originator.
- On the screen that appears, select Manual Export from the Request Type dropdown list.
- Click Make File. The Select Export File Name and Directory screen will appear.
- From the Look Infield, browse to Local Disk (C:\).
- Select the Import folder you created in step 3.
- Click the Open button at the bottom of the screen and the file is exported. Repeat this process for each of your Byte files. When all the Byte files have been converted to Fannie Mae format, close Byte.
Importing one Fannie Mae file at a time:
- Open a new Borrower file in Point.
- From the Menu bar, select File > Import From > Fannie Mae DO/DU (Local).
- Browse to the location where you stored the Fannie Mae file that you converted from Genesis.
- Double-click the file to import it.
- When the import is complete, go to the Menu bar and select File > Save to save the file in Point.
To import multiple Fannie Mae files into Point:
- Open Point.
- In the Navigation Panel, click the Loans tab.
- Select the data folder where you want to create the files.
- Enable Auto File Naming by going to the Menu bar and selecting Utilities > Auto File Naming > Prospect or Utilities > Auto File Naming > Borrower.
- In the Navigation Panel, click the Templates tab.
- Click Data Import, then click the New button. A blank Data Import template opens.
- Click the Import Format dropdown list,and select either Fannie Mae 3.0 or Fannie Mae 3.2.
- Click Batch Import, and enter the path to the Fannie Mae files that you exported from Byte.
- Choose whether the new files will be Prospect or Borrower files.
- Click Start Import. The files are imported into the data folder you selected in Step 1.
- When the import is complete, go to the Navigation Panel and click the Loans tab.