Point does not offer an automated tool to import Contour files into Point.
To convert Contour files to Point files:
- Convert Contour files to Fannie Mae format.
- Import the Fannie Mae files into Point. Fannie Mae format contains all the Loan Application data.
To convert Contour files to Fannie Mae format: (Instructions may vary depending upon your version of Contour)
- Open the Contour file you want to convert.
- In Loan Handler 5.0, click the E-Commerce icon. In Loan Handler 4.2, go to the Menu bar and select Utilities > EDI Communications.
- From the Menu bar, select File > Export > Fannie Mae DU 3.0.You should receive a message once the file has been converted.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each of your Contour files. When all Contour files have been converted to the Fannie Mae format, open Point.
Importing one Fannie Mae format file at a time:
- In Point, open a new Borrower file.
- From the Menu bar, select File > Import from > Fannie Mae DO/DU (Local).
- Browse to the location where you stored the Fannie Mae file you converted from Contour format.
- Double-click the Fannie Mae file to import it.
- When the file has been imported, go to the Menu bar and select File > Save to save the file in Point.
To import multiple Fannie Mae files into Point:
- Open Point.
- In the Navigation Panel, open the Loans tab.
- Select the data folder where you want to create the files.
- Enable Auto File Naming by going to the Menu bar and selecting Utilities > Auto File Naming > Prospect or Utilities > Auto File Naming > Borrower.
- In the Navigation Panel, click the Templates tab.
- Select Data Import, then click the New button. A blank Data Import template opens.
- Click the Import Format dropdown list and select either Fannie Mae 3.0 or Fannie Mae 3.2.
- Click Batch Import and enter the path to the Fannie Mae files that were exported by Encompass. Use*.*to import every file in the folder. (For example: C:\Contour\HNDSTND\*.*)
- Choose whether the new files will be Prospect or Borrower. Auto File Naming must be enabled for the file type.
- Click Start Import to import the files.
- When the import is complete, go to the Navigation Panel and click the Loans tab