This article consists of the following procedures required to perform this task:
- Enable Auto File Naming
- Loading field ID's for the fields that will be imported
- Saving the Excel spreadsheet as a delimited text file
- Create an Import Template to import the data
- Using the Import Template to import the delimited text file
Enable Auto File Naming
1. Open Point.
2. Navigate to Utilities > Auto File Naming > Borrower from the top menu.
3. Mark the Enable Auto File Naming checkbox.
4. Use the available Use Year:, Use Month:, and Use Day: checkboxes and radio buttons to denote the Settings to be applied to your files.
5. Select a Counter: of 2 or higher.
6. Click the OK button.
Gather Field ID's for Excel file and Save
1. Open the Excel Spreadsheet you will be importing your data from.
2. You will need to replace the Header Row with actual Field ID's for mapping in Point.
3. Open Point.
4. Navigate to Utilities > Load Field ID > Borrower from the top menu.
5. Review and verify the field id number for each field in which you will be importing data. For example:
- 100 for the Borrower First Name
- 101 for the Borrower Last Name
- 102 for the Borrower Street
- 106 for the Borrower H Phone
6. In the Excel Spreadsheet, replace the Header field name with the appropriate Field ID from Point for the column.
7. Select File > Save As.
8. Name the file ExcelImport.
9. Select the file type as Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt) in the file type dropdown.
10. Click Save and choose the location as Desktop.
11. Be sure to close and exit out of file before attempting to import.
Create and run an Import Template
1. Open Point.
2. Click the Templates tab from the left Navigation Panel.
3. Select Data Import.
4. Click New.
5. In the Import Format dropdown, select <customer ASCII format>.
6. Mark the Field Name Header in First Row checkbox.
7. Use the Column In File available fields to enter those from your spreadsheet.
8. Enter the Field ID's into the Maps to Field ID column.
Note: Make certain the numbers entered are exact as they are used for mapping the data into Point to populate your files.
9. Click the Batch Import button and select Borrower.
10. Click OK.
11. Select the saved ExcelImport file from your Desktop.
12. Click Open.
13. From the menu bar, select File > Save.
14. In the File name field, enter the name PointImport for future use and click Save.
15. Select Loans from left navigation panel and click Search to refresh list.
16. All loan from the spreadsheet have been added.