Exporting the PointCentral data from the original server
Note: The default path is…Program Files\Calyx Software\PointCentral\filesync on a 32-bit operating system.
Note: The default path is…Program Files\Calyx Software\PointCentral on a 32-bit operating system.
Note: The MSSQL##.InstanceName will vary depending on the instance name you set up, which contains the PointCentral SQL database, when you initially created it in SQL.
Note: If you are using the Calyx Resolver service with a domain name that ends in calyxpds.com, and have copied the PdsDbCreate.pds file, you do not need to export the SSL Certificate.
Importing the PointCentral data to the new server
- Open a command prompt and enter the following commands:
- iisreset /stop - this action stops PointCentral admin and service
- net stop CalyxPDSFileSync - this action stops PointCentral FileSync
- Copy the following five folders from ...Program Files (x86)\Calyx Software\PointCentral\filesync on the existing server to a location that is accessible from the new server.
- Cardex Import (if applicable)
- Custom Fields
- Data Folders
- Template Sets
- User Import (if applicable)
- If you are using the Calyx Resolver service with a PointCentral domain name that ends in calyxpds.com, you also need to copy PdsDbCreate.pds from ...Program Files (x86)\Calyx Software\PointCentral to a local drive on the new server.
- Open SQL Server Management Studio and log in with your SQL sa password.
- Navigate to the SQL Server Instancethat contains your PointCentral database, expand your Databases folder, right click PDS, and select Tasks > Detach….
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to …Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA (…Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA for 32-bit SQL installations on a 64-bit operating system)
- Copy the two database files, PDS_DATA.MDF and PDS_LOG.LDF, to the Microsoft SQL Server instance data folder on the new server.
- Export the SSL Certificate from the old server and copy it to a location that can is accessible from the new server. (Refer to Microsoft documentation about exporting and importing SSL Certificates if you need additional information.)
Important: To ensure that you can reuse the PointCentral SQL database without modification, be sure to install PointCentral in the same partition and directory path as it was on the original server.
Note: To avoid the need to modify your PointCentral SQL database, you must be copy to the files to the same path on the new server. For example, if the five folders you copied were located in D:\Program Files (x86)\Calyx Software\PointCentral\filesync, then copy them to the same drive and path on the new server, D:\Program Files (x86)\Calyx Software\PointCentral\filesync.
- Install PointCentral on the new server (see 3102 Installing PointCentral).
- After the PointCentral installation is finished, cancel the Configuration Wizard (you will run it later).
- Navigate to the SQL Server Instancethat will contain your PointCentral database, right click the Databases folder, and select Attach….
- Click Add… and browse to the PDS_DATA.MDF file that you exported from the SQL database on the original server.
- Paste the five folders that were previously copied from the original server to the same location on the new server.
- If you use the Calyx Resolver service and have copied the PdsDbCreate.pds file from the original server, you must paste the PdsDbCreate.pds file to the same directory on the new server(...Program files(x86)\Calyx Software\PointCentral).
- Go to Start > All Programs > Calyx Software > PDS Configuration Wizard.
- If you are using a purchased DNS, import the SSL Certificate that you exported from the original server. Refer to Microsoft documentation for importing SSL Certificates for additional information.
- You can skip this step if you used the Calyx Resolver service and have copied the PdsDbCreate.pds file.
- Adjust DNS/IP settings as needed.