The PointCentral folder cache is a temporary storage location to house PointCentral files and templates before saved changes are pushed to the PointCentral server from the client.
Deleting the PointCentral folder cache is a simple solution that might resolve minor issues with the Point client, such as:
(Ex. Access Denied: C:\Users\<username>\Calyx Software\Point\All users\<username>\PDSFolders...)
- Dropdown lists or company defaults are incomplete for one user on one computer.
- An Invalid argument error occurs when performing an advanced search on all data folders.
- When accessing a Point file that contains the PDSFolders path an Access denied error occurs.
- A Borrower index not found error occurs when copying or moving a file.
To delete to PointCentral folder cache:
1. Close Point.
2. Right click the Windows Start icon and select Run.
3. Type %userprofile% in the search field and press <Enter> or click OK.
4. Select the View Tab, select the Hidden Items check box, and double-click the AppData folder.
5. Go to Roaming > Calyx Software > Point > All users and double-click the folder with your Point username.
6. Right-click PDSFolders and select Delete.
7. Open Point.