Logging into PDS after clicking Test Connection, in Point Administrator, generates an error:
"Point could not connect to Point Data Server. The details are:
The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.
The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure."
The certificate that is installed on the workstation is invalid
Install a valid SSL certificate on the workstation
- Go to the Point Data Server administration page.
- You should receive a certificate error in the address bar. From the toolbar, click the Certificate field next to the URL and then click View Certificate.
If the certificate is issued by GoDaddy, download the updated GoDaddy certificate, gd-class2-root.crt
If the certificate is issued by Starfield, download the updated Starfield certificate, sf-class2-root.crt
- If the certificate is issued by your company, click Install Certificate.
- From the Import Certificate wizard, click Next.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store.
- Click Browse and then select Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Click Next.
- From the Completing the Certificate Import wizard window, click Finish.
- Once the import is successful, open Point Administrator and login with the Test Connection button for PDS.