Point does not respond when double-clicking the icon, or you receive the error Point has encountered a problem and needs to close....
- Microsoft .Net Framework is not installed correctly.
- Symantec Endpoint Security is not configured to allow Point to run.
Uninstall/Reinstall Microsoft .Net Framework
Configure Symantec Endpoint Security to allow Point to open
Have your network administrator configure Symantec Endpoint Security from the server.
- Close Point on the workstation and then go to the server.
- From the server, go to Start > Programs > Symantec Endpoint Security > Symantec Protection Manager Console.
- From the login screen, enter your login information.
- From the left pane, select Admin.
- From the Tasks section, select the Install Packages bar. A list of workstations will appear in the right pane.
- Right-click the workstation that you will push the installation package to.
- Select Export.
- From the Export Package Symantec Endpoint Protection screen, insert a check to create a single .exe for this package.
- Click Browse. Select a location on the server to which the installation package will be saved.
- In the Installation settings and features dropdown list, select Default Client Installation Settings.
- In the Select the features you want to use dropdown list, select Antispyware and Truscan Proactive Threat Scan.
- Check the box to Export packages with policies from the following groups.
- Check the client group name.
- Check the box to Add clients automatically to the selected group.
- From the Preferred Mode Settings section, select Computer Mode.
- Click OK.
- Logoff the Management Console.
- Go to Start > Programs > Symantec Endpoint Security > Migration and Deployment.
- Select Deploy the Client and then click Next.
- Select an existing client install package to deploy.
- Browse to the package to which you will deploy. (This will be the installation package file that you configured and saved from step 9.)
- Click Next and select the computers to which the installation package will deploy.
- Go to the workstation that you deployed the installation package to and open Point.