Opening Point causes an error: "Point is not properly installed on your computer..."
- The End User Role for your MyCalyx account is not configured correctly
- A firewall or security settings are blocking the download
Disable the firewall and antivirus then try installing Point again.
The End User Role is not configured correctly for your MyCalyx account
- Log into the MyCalyx management site. (https://www.mycalyx.com). If you do not have the login information, please contact your MyCalyx Administrator.
- Click Manage Users.
- Double-click the user that is experiencing the error message.
- Uncheck the End User Role ( ) checkbox and click the Save ( ) icon.
- Double-click the user's name again.
- Insert a check back into the End-user role ( ) checkbox and click the Save ( ) icon. This will send the user a new installation e-mail.
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Highlight Point and then select Remove.
- From the user's computer, go to My Computer.
- From the menu bar, selectTools > Folder Options.
- From the Folder Options window, click the View tab.
- Select Show hidden files and folders and click OK.
- From the My Computer window, double-click Local Disk C:.
- Double-click the Documents and Settings folder.
- Double-click your <username> folder. This folder will be titled the same user name that you use to log into Windows.
- Double-click the Local Settings folder and delete the Apps folder.
- Double-click the Application Data folder and delete the Calyx Software and the Deployment folder.
- Access your e-mail.
- You will receive a new installation e-mail from MyCalyx.com. Click the install Point link to proceed with the installation.