Internal Server Error occurs when you request credit from Point Services.
- The Point file name contains an invalid character (only alphabetic and numeric characters are allowed) that is interfering with the credit request.
- The Point file name is too long (contains more than eight characters) to be accepted by the credit agency.
- The embdcredit.ini file is corrupt must be deleted.
Renaming the Point file:
If the Point file name contains an invalid character or the file name is too long, perform the following steps:
- Open the Point file that was in use when the error was generated.
- Verify that the Point file name on the upper left of the screen does not contain any nonalphabetic or nonnumeric characters such as, %, &, or $.
- If the so, select File > Save As from the menu bar. If not, follow the steps to delete the embdcredit.ini.
- Enter a file name that contains only letters, numbers, and is eight characters or less.
- Save the file.
- Request credit using this file with the new name.
If the file name did not cause the issue or if renaming the file did not resolve the issue delete the embdcredit.ini file.
Deleting the emdbcredit.ini file:>
Note: The following steps will remove the stored user ID for the credit reporting agency. Verify your login information before you proceed.
- Close Point.
- Locate the embdcredit.ini file in Windows Explorer:
- C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Calyx Software\Point\AllUsers
- Delete the embdcredit.ini file. Deleting the embdcredit.ini file will also delete your credit agency login information that was stored. You will need to re-enter the login information next time you request credit.
- Occasionally, duplicate folders are created in the AllUsers directory. Check for duplicates and delete the embdcredit.ini file in those folders.
- Open Point and resubmit the credit request for the loan.