When editing or printing a custom form, an error appears: "Normal.dot is in use by another application"
The Microsoft Word global template is in use or corrupted.
Microsoft Outlook is using the normal.dot template edit e-mail messages.
Delete the normal.dot global template file1. Save all files that are currently open and then close all programs.
2. Restart the computer.
3. When the computer has restarted and is on the desktop, click Start > Search.
(If you are using Windows 7, you can skip step 4 through 10. Simply restart the computer and try Point again)
4. From the Search Results screen, select to search for All Files and Folders.
6. Select the dropdown arrow next to More Advanced Options and then insert a check into the Search hidden files and folders and the Search subfolders checkbox.
7. Click Search.
8. When the search is complete, delete all instances of the normal.dot file.
9. After all the normal.dot files have been deleted, open a blank Word document and then close it. This will re-create the normal.dot file for Word.
10. Open Point and try the custom form again.
In Microsoft Outlook, uncheck the option to use Word 2003 to edit emailing messages1. Open Microsoft Outlook
2. From the menu bar, select Tools > Options.
3. Click the Mail Format tab.
4. Uncheck the Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages box.