When you request credit from Services in Point, an error appears: Response file cannot be read
- You do not have an active internet connection or the connection is set to Work Offline
- Your PC is displaying the incorrect PC date and time
- Your firewall is blocking Point from communicating across the Internet
- Your Internet Explorer security settings are too high
- You have Windows Updates that must be applied
- You may be receiving an invalid response from the credit agency
You do not have an active internet connection
- Verify that you can browse the Internet.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From the Menu bar, select File, then be sure that Work Offline is not checked.
Set the Time Zone and current date and time
- Go to the Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel, double-click Date and Time.
- Verify that the date and time are correct.
- Click the Time Zone tab.
- Select your timezone from the dropdown list. (The correct time zone must be selected)
- Check the box, Automatically adjust clock for daylight savings changes.
- Click OK.
- Try Point again.
There is a firewall installed blocking Point. (You may need to contact the network administrator if there is a firewall installed)
A firewall can prohibit Point from communicating with the internet. If there is a firewall installed, disable it or configure the firewall to allow Point to access the internet.
For instructions on configuring Norton or McAfee Personal Firewall to work with Point, click here
Install Windows Updates
Go to www.microsoft.com and download all Microsoft Windows updates.