When you go to Interfaces > Fannie Mae > Results, an error occurs and then Point will close:
"0xe0434f4d....Point has encountered a problem and needs to close."
The existing results that were initially downloaded from Fannie Mae are corrupt.
Re-submit and download Fannie Mae results
- Go to Interfaces > Fannie Mae > Desktop Originator or Interfaces > Fannie Mae > Desktop Underwriter
- Click Submit and enter your login credentials.
- Once logged into Fannie Mae, select to request credit and underwriting or just underwriting only.
- When the Results page is displayed, click the Results tab to download them into Point. This will download the new results into the Point file, which will correct the error message.
Save a copy of the file
In some cases you may not be able to re-submit the loan to Fannie Mae because there is an invalid Casefile ID in the Results screen. However, you cannot access the Results screen to remove the casefile.
- From the menu bar, select File > Save as.
- In the Filename field, enter any filename and then click Save.
- The new file will open. Go to Interfaces > Fannie Mae > Results.
- Click Edit next to the Casefile ID field and remove the ID number.
NOTE: If the loan has been submitted to Fannie Mae and has been Finalized, you cannot resubmit the file. An error will occur when you try to resubmit a Finalized loan file. Verify that the loan hasn't been Finalized with a lender (through Fannie Mae), before removing the casefile id. Fannie Mae will charge you for issuing a new casefile.
- Re-submit the loan to Fannie Mae and download results.