When you upgrade Point from the MyCalyx installation e-mail, the old version of Point still opens.
The upgrade version did not download due to a firewall or security settings preventing the download.
Disable the firewall and try installing Point again.
Reset Internet Explorer Security Settings
- Minimize Point.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- From the menu bar, select Tools > Internet Options.
- In the Internet Options window, click the Security tab.
- In the Security level for this zone section, click Reset All zones to default level.
- Click the Connections tab.
- At the bottom of the window, click the Lan Settings button.
- From the (LAN) Settings window, un-check the Use a proxy server... check box and then click OK.
- Click the Programs tab.
- At the bottom of the window, check the Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser box.
- Click the Advanced tab, then click Restore Advanced Settings.
- Click the Reset button.
- When the settings have been reset, use the scroll bar to scroll to the bottom of the Settings list and check the Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 checkbox.
- Click OK.
- Reinstall Point.
Remove and re-install Point.
If you do not have the login information, contact your MyCalyx administrator.
An e-mail will be sent to the user with a link to re-install the Point software.1. Delete the MyCalyx installation e-mail.
2. Go to the Control Panel.
3. Double-click Programs and Features.
4. Highlight Point and then select Remove.
5. Go to My Computer.6. From the menu bar, select Organize > Folder & Search Options.
7. From the Folder Options window, click the View tab.
8. Select Show hidden files and folders and click OK.
9. Close the My Computer window.
10. From the Desktop, click the Windows Start icon, and in the Search field enter %userprofile% and then press <enter>.
11. From the user's profile folder, double-click the Appdata folder.
12. Double-click the Local folder and delete the Apps folder.
13. Delete the Calyx Software folder. If you cannot delete the it, open the folder and delete the files within it.
14. Log into https://www.mycalyx.com.
15. Click Manage Users.
16. Double-click the Username that is experiencing the issue.
17. Uncheck the End User Role ( ) checkbox and click the Save ( ) icon.
18. Double-click the Username again and insert a check back into the End-user role ( ) checkbox and click the Save ( ) icon.
19. Open the new MyCalyx installation e-mail and click the install link to proceed with the installation.