When opening a Point file, an error appears: "The file is being used by someone else. Do you want to open the file as READ-ONLY mode?"
The file is locked or you do not have full access to it.
- Request that your system administrator grant you full access to the data folder.
- Restart the server if you are on a network with a server or restart your computer.
- Open the file as read-only.
Note: The original loan file will remain in read-only mode until you restart your computer, server, or your network administrator resolves the issue.
- Open the loan file.
- Click File > Save As.
- Enter a new file name or if Auto File Naming is enabled, let Point name the file.
- Click Save.
- Open and edit the new loan file.